Mosquito Shield Program
According to the CDC mosquitoes can carry and spread diseases such as West Nile Virus, Chikungunya, Encephalitis, dengue, ZIKA and more. For ticks, its Lyme Disease and Rocky Mountain spotted fever. The reality is the list of diseases keeps getting longer and longer. Our Mosquito Shield Program is designed to eliminate mosquitoes and ticks currently living in your yard and acts as a repellent for future pest infestations from occurring. Find out more about our pest control services!
The Legacy Way
At Legacy Lawn Care in Winder, GA, we pride ourselves on using only the highest quality products and providing both homeowners and business owners with outstanding customer service. When you choose Legacy Lawn Care’s Mosquito Shield Program, our expert technicians will implement a comprehensive 5 step program to provide you with just that!
Step 1. Inspection
Our team will inspect your property for any areas or objects that are likely to
hold water for more than four days. Some species will place their eggs in areas
that are likely to get flooded periodically like natural depressions, seasonal wetlands, drainage ditches and other low lying areas.
Step 2. Reduce Breeding Sites
Wherever possible, breeding sites should be eliminated. Active areas will help identify, and in some cases, help eliminate breeding sites.
Step 3. Larval Control
Our team will selectively place products that interfere with the development of the aquatic life stages of the mosquito. These products are placed in areas that are either holding water or will likely hold water after a rain. They are not harmful to fish, waterfowl, pets or humans when used according to label directions.
Step 4. Adult Mosquito Control
Mosquitoes prefer to rest in protected sites during the day. Yards with lots of trees, shrubs and dense vegetation or properties adjoining such areas, can have mosquito problems. We use a fogger to apply targeted amounts of insecticide to areas that are known to harbor adult mosquitos during the day. The product we use has an industry-leading residual that keeps adult mosquitoes suppressed for up to 30 days.
Step 5. Communication
Our Team will communicate with you personally to let you know what we did to eliminate present problem areas and prevent future breeding grounds from developing.
Our Program runs March-October averaging 7 applications per year. Call Today for 1st time treatment of $39.99
We also offer one-time sprays designed to protect your home, or business from these nuisance pests before a special event like a wedding, birthday party, family reunion, cookout, etc. Don’t let mosquito bites or tick bites ruin your big event!
Most people never realize they’ve had or been bitten by a tick. That’s why it’s important to protect your family and pets. We will reduce the appearance of ticks on your property. Our program includes:
- Tick Prevention & Control: Having the proper treatments in place can reduce the possibility of having ticks in your yard.
- Tick Maintenance: Regular reapplication of treatments can prevent the reappearance of ticks on your property.
Our technicians will share strategies you can use to make your landscaping less appealing to pests. Everything from the height you mow your lawn to making sure that standing water is removed and gutters are cleaned. Our Mosquito Shield and Tick Control Services are always backed by our Legacy Guarantee. If you are ever less than 100% satisfied, we’ll come back and reapply the treatment or refund the cost of your last service.
Mosquito Life Cycle
EGGS– Some types lay eggs in standing water and some in damp soil flooded by water. Most hatch within 48 hours.
LARVAE– Mosquito larvae shed their skin 4 times and develop in 3 to 7 days. The warmer the weather, the quicker they hatch.
PUPAE– They develop in 1 to 2 days before hatching into adults.
ADULTS– New adults briefly rest on the water’s surface since their wings have to spread out and dry before they can fly. Females can lay up to 150 eggs at one time and can live from 2 weeks to 2 months.
What can I do to protect myself and my family?
Eliminate stagnant water in & around your home:
- Once a week, empty and scrub, turn over, cover or throw out items that hold water, such as old tires, buckets, planters, toys, pools, birdbaths, flowerpots, trash containers, etc. Make sure to check inside and outside your home to ensure your not creating any breeding grounds for these unwanted pests.
- Tightly cover water storage containers (buckets, cisterns, rain barrels) so that mosquitoes cannot get inside to lay eggs.
- For containers without lids, use wire mesh without holes smaller than an adult mosquito.
- If you have a septic tank, follow these steps:
- Repair cracks or gaps.
- Cover open vents or plumbing pipes. Use wire mesh smaller than a adult mosquito.
Keep mosquitoes out of your home:
- Use screened windows and doors.
- Repair holes in screens.
- Use air conditioning when available.
- There are more than 60 different varieties of mosquitoes in the state of Georgia. Let us help you make that ZERO around your property!