Valentine’s Day is just days away, and the world is brimming with love and heart-shaped chocolate. The holiday reminds us that it’s easy to take things in our life for granted. That’s why we’re sharing the 6 things we love most about landscapes.
6 Reasons to Love the Landscape
- Landscaping reduces AC costs. Grass lawns are up to 31 degrees cooler than cement driveways or asphalt streets. They reduce the temperature of the surrounding soil, keeping your home cooler in the summer. And shade trees keep the sun and wind away from homes, acting as a natural temperature regulator.
- They help us breathe easy. Lawns clean the air by capturing dust, pollutants, and smoke particles. Grass, trees, and shrubs remove carbon dioxide from the air to produce oxygen. Just 50 square feet of lawn produces enough oxygen for a family of four.
- Plants act as natural noise reducers, giving you a more peaceful home. Trees and shrubs can also be grown into privacy hedges to reduce visual distractions.
- Bigger landscapes make us happier by lowering stress levels, boosting energy, and improving quality of life.
- Large trees may even help reduce crime. They obstruct the view less than smaller trees and signal to potential burglars that the neighborhood is well-tended—and well watched.
- They’re beautiful. A trim grass lawn, stately row of trees, and bright, ornamented flowerbed improves the appearance of your lawn. This boost in curb appeal doesn’t only make you happier; it actually increases your property value by 5% to 20%.
Need help showing the landscape you care? Call Legacy Group of Georgia for landscape maintenance and lawn care services in Bethlehem.